Land Stewardship & Conservation Tours
June 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$15
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
Alnoba’s Land Stewardship & Conservation Tours are designed to inform, inspire and refresh.
Our forests and natural spaces are one of the earth’s most valuable resources. At Alnoba, we’re proud to have put 600 acres of forests, fields, wetlands and hills into conservation, ensuring that they will remain protected for future generations.
On this tour, you’ll explore some of those uniquely beautiful spaces as our wonderful volunteer guides introduce you to different aspects of preserving, caring for and appreciating our natural landscapes. Topics change from week to week – as they’re finalized we’ll add them to this event listing.
About your guides
- Susan Feltus, UNH Extension Service Master Gardner and volunteer naturalist for the Appalachian Mountain Club
- Vikki Quick, award-winning New Hampshire based photographer specializing in portraits and group shots using natural light
- Linda Bieber, certified Master Gardner, UNH Marine Docent and Great Bay Discovery Center volunteer
- Kathy Canedy, retired special education and speech pathology teacher passionate about animals, gardening, and stories
Tour rules and guidelines
- Walk starts at 10AM promptly and lasts for roughly 90 minutes. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Please dress appropriately for exploring the outdoors.
- Wear appropriate footwear and bring a bottle of water and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for the full ninety minutes.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.