Outdoor & Unplugged: In Conservation We Trust
April 13 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on June 8, 2023 at 10:00 am
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
Walk roughly 90 minutes on long wooded trails with some mildly uneven terrain.
Please join us for a unique opportunity to visit Alnoba’s conservation lands amidst our Big Top Meadow where endangered pollinators exist freely and are provided with an adequate source of food, vast protection, and the capacity to prosper.
Led by Pam Holland, a member of the Kensington Conservation Commission, this tour also includes a gentle hike to Winkley Brook where there are wetlands, including the identification and challenges of protecting and maintaining these important and sensitive natural habitats. Discuss the gorgeous art installations of world-renowned artists located in Alnoba during the walk. Sturdy shoes and woods attire suggested for your comfort.
Notes and Guidelines
- Walk starts promptly at 10AM and lasts for roughly 90 minutes. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with guide at all times.
- Please dress accordingly for exploring outdoors and in proper footwear for the weather. Bring bug spray, sunscreen, and a bottle of water.
- Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for the full 90 minutes.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Guests may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.