Art Tours: Andy Goldsworthy
June 16 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
One event on March 31, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on April 14, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on May 12, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on June 16, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on July 14, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on August 11, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on September 22, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on October 20, 2023 at 10:30 am
One event on November 3, 2023 at 10:30 am
Private tours of our Andy Goldsworthy pieces are available for $200 for up to 10 people. To book, call Claire Angione at 603.418.7412 or email email@example.com.
Tickets $25 per person. All proceeds donated to Sawyer Park.
Walks lasts roughly 3 hours on wooded trails over some uneven terrain.
Andy Goldsworthy is a sculptor, photographer and environmentalist who produces site-specific sculptures and land art in natural and urban settings. The materials used in Andy Goldsworthy’s art includes mud, pinecones, snow, stone, leaves, twigs and water.
On this tour, a docent will take you on an exploration of four Goldsworthy pieces – including one brand new piece, as well as another that is part of a private collection and rarely available for public viewing.
- Watershed Boulder, a monumental installation that evolves with the rain, ice and snow
- Boulder House, constructed in-situ around an enormous glacial boulder
- Passage, a powerful and experiential piece featured in the Andy Goldsworthy documentary Leaning Into The Wind
- NEW: Five Ten, an impactful native stone building built around a recently discovered rusty Datsun that tells a story through unique features in its wheel, and bullet holes throughout the chassis.
All proceeds from this event are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park, a 35-acre public community park that provides a safe and beautiful place for families from across the region to gather outside.
Guided tour details
- Difficulty Level: Involving roughly 2 mile walk up and down hills and along narrow trails over uneven ground.
- Recommended for ages 10 and up.
- Meet your tour guide in the Alnoba parking lot at the tour start time. Tours leave promptly – please arrive in plenty of time. Guests who arrive after the group has departed will not be able to join the tour.
- No dogs allowed.
- Buildings are closed. A portable restroom is available in the parking lot.
- Hiking shoes and casual attire recommended. Bring bug spray and sunscreen.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.