- This event has passed.
Outdoor & Unplugged: Winter Nature Walk or Snowshoe
January 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$15
Winter is a special time at Alnoba, when snow dusts the branches of our evergreens and the land rests before the wild outburst of spring. On this guided tour, you’ll have the opportunity to experience New England’s most unique introspective property at this special time of year.
Spot turkey, deer, and hare tracks in the snow. Gather inspiration from the reading stones scattered along our ten miles of trails, engraved with the words of some of history’s greatest leaders. Breath the crisp, fresh air and soak up the peace and stillness as you remember how revitalizing it can be to enjoy the outdoors in the winter.
This Outdoor & Unplugged guided walk will take place on foot with an option for guests to use snowshoes if there is snow cover on the ground. You may bring your own snowshoes or may also borrow a pair from Alnoba’s collection. (Note that availability of snowshoes may be limited.)
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Walk starts at 10AM promptly. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Wear appropriate footwear and dress for the weather.
- Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for the full two hours.
- Please maintain social distancing – that means staying at least six feet apart from other guests.
- Masks are required.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No children under 6 at this time.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
Tickets are non-refundable. Alnoba is lovely in winter even when it is chilly, lightly snowing or softly raining. This event will only be cancelled in the event of National Weather Service declared weather emergency.