Outdoor & Unplugged: Seasonal Tree Identification
February 13, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on March 26, 2024 at 10:00 am
One event on December 10, 2024 at 10:00 am
One event on April 16, 2024 at 10:00 am
One event on October 8, 2024 at 10:00 am
Back by popular demand!
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
We are very excited to bring back one of our most popular events – Tree Identification with Harold Bragg! This year, we will be offering multiple dates to give you the opportunity to expand your botany knowledge in all the beautiful seasons of New England, and learn how to distinguish different types of trees by their bark, leaves, color, and other identifiers depending on the season.
Hosted by, Harold Bragg, he has been Alnoba’s advisor on all landscapes, forestry installations and management for over 35 years. You will walk our trails and learn how to study the unique features, texture, size, and color of each of the twelve native trees located in our mature forest.
We hope you will support us in our mission to spread awareness about the environment, and the importance of learning about nature. Knowing the physiology of trees that are on your land can be a useful guide management tool and help keep our trees thriving!
Notes and Guidelines
- Meet Harold in the Main parking lot promptly at 10 AM.
- Guests must stay with Harold at all times.
- Please dress accordingly for exploring the outdoors in the wintertime. Bring appropriate footwear and warm clothing.
- The walk will last roughly 60 minutes. Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for that length of time.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.