Outdoor & Unplugged: June Tree Toppers Family Playtime
June 24 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am$5
Get outside with this guided nature walk about tree identification followed by open playtime on one of Alnoba’s interactive sculptures.
At Alnoba, we believe that art shouldn’t be intimidating. It should be fun! Our collection was created to get people outside, away from their screens and devices and back into nature.
Bring your kids to experience just how delightful reconnecting with the land can be during this guided outdoor playtime experience at Alnoba.
For June, we’ll learn how to use bark, needles, leaves, flowers, fruit and seeds to identify some of the different types of trees that grow here at Alnoba. We’ll finish up by giving kids a chance to run, jump, climb and slide in the bright red waves of Orly Genger’s Going, Going, Gone sculpture or the twisty wooded maze of Patrick Dougherty’s Wildwood.
Tickets $5 per person. Tickets must be purchased for both adult and children attendees, though infants under age 1 do not require a ticket.
All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
Capacity limited to 15 people (adults and children).
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Walk starts at 3PM or 9AM (based on date you choose) promptly. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Wear appropriate footwear and bring a bottle of water, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Please maintain social distancing – that means staying at least six feet apart from other guests.
- Masks are recommended but not required for this all-outdoor event as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine.