Outdoor & Unplugged: Forest Therapy Walks
October 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on October 26, 2023 at 10:00 am
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
“The forest is the therapist, the guide opens doors” – Amos Clifford.
Many of us are caught in technology driven and stressful lives, but by reconnecting with ourselves and our surroundings, we can feel rejuvenated. When we reconnect with our surroundings, through our senses, it can feel like “coming home” to ourselves and our beautiful world.
Led by Pam Frederick, Certified Guide with the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy, our Forest Therapy walks begin with noticing our surroundings and opening our senses as we discover nature with fun, engaging invitations. This slow-paced walk connects us with the beauty and resiliency of our world, and accessing the healing power of nature when we slow down and receive nature’s gifts.
This practice was inspired by Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing) in Japan where it is part of their health care system. The health benefits are substantive and documented by many studies in Japan, the United States, and other countries.
The length of the walk lasts roughly 90 minutes and concludes with a closing ceremony and conversation.
Notes and Guidelines
- Meet Pam in the Main parking lot promptly at 10 AM.
- Guests must stay with Pam at all times.
- Please dress accordingly for exploring the outdoors.
- Wear appropriate footwear and bring a bottle of water and sunscreen.
- This tour will last roughly 90 minutes. Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with breaks, for that length of time.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.