Outdoor & Unplugged: Carved Wisdom of the Past Tour
May 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on September 14, 2023 at 10:00 am
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
Walk roughly 90 minutes on long wooded trails with some mildly uneven terrain.
Alnoba is known for their eclectic art sculptures, however there is another selection of consequential artwork you will find throughout the property. Located on our trailheads and transitional spaces, our collection of 259 New Hampshire Granite engraved reading stones and 200 wooden leadership benches portray meaningful quotes from various leaders that range from visionaries, peace and justice activists, women leaders, and spiritual leaders. Take a walk through time and enjoy some of these inscribed readings from leaders and historians we admire. Included on the tour will be a walk to the Kennedy Sitting Area. No matter what is going on in your day-to-day life, quotes can help us through their concise messages by expressing drops of wisdom, and awakening motivation, inspiration, and happiness. Our founder, Alan Lewis believed in listening to the great leaders of the past to guide your future. His favorite quote is one by Muhammad-Ali written on one of our stones you will see on the tour.
Guided tour details
- Walk starts promptly at 10AM and lasts for roughly 90 minutes. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Please dress accordingly for exploring outdoors and in proper footwear for the weather. Bring bug spray, sunscreen, and a bottle of water.
- Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for the full 90 minutes.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Guests may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.