- This event has passed.
Outdoor & Unplugged: A Walk in the Woods
September 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$15
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
Unplug from your daily routines, breathe the fresh air, feel the earth beneath your feet and rediscover the wonder of being in nature.
Our well-informed volunteer guides will lead you across Alnoba’s 600 acres of walking trails, forests, fields, wetlands and our renowned outdoor art collection.
These tours are beautiful – and very different! – at every time of year. In winter, you can snowshoe across our fields and look for animal tracks. Watch the buds unfurl in spring and spot some of the rare flowers that dot our landscape. Chase butterflies in summer and soak up the splendor of the foliage in autumn.
Come experience Alnoba’s extraordinary home for yourself.
About your guides
- Susan Feltus, UNH Extension Service Master Gardner and volunteer naturalist for the Appalachian Mountain Club
- Vikki Quick, award-winning New Hampshire based photographer specializing in portraits and group shots using natural light
- Linda Schepps Bieber, certified Master Gardner, UNH Marine Docent and Great Bay Discovery Center volunteer
- Kathy Canedy, retired special education and speech pathology teacher passionate about animals, gardening, and stories
Tour rules and guidelines
- Walk starts at 10AM promptly and lasts for roughly 90 minutes. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Please dress appropriately for exploring the outdoors.
- Wear appropriate footwear and bring a bottle of water and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for the full ninety minutes.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.