- This event has passed.
Outdoor & Unplugged: Winter Tree Identification Walk
February 9 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$15
SOLD OUT Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
Come discover how trees speak to us through their bark as you learn about the 12 native trees in Alnoba’s picturesque forest.
Identifying trees in the winter can be a bit tricky, but with a few tips and tricks, you can expand your botany knowledge and learn how to distinguish different types of trees without leaves or color to reference. The theme of the walk is “Tree Talk” hosted by Harold Bragg, Alnoba’s advisor on all landscapes, forestry installations and management for over 35 years. He has a degree in Forestry and owned his own Landscape company for 40 years. You will learn how to study the unique features, texture, and color of tree bark that can help us identify what type of tree we are looking at in the winter.
Twelve of the native trees located in Alnoba’s mature forest will be examined on the walk. Knowing the physiology of trees that are on your land can be a useful guide management tool and a fun topic for your next gathering with friends.
Notes and Guidelines
- Meet Harold in the Main parking lot promptly at 10 AM.
- Guests must stay with Harold at all times.
- Please dress accordingly for exploring the outdoors in the wintertime. Bring appropriate footwear and warm clothing.
- The walk will last roughly 60 minutes. Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for that length of time.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.