- This event has passed.
Outdoor & Unplugged: Nature and Snowshoe Walk
March 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on March 23, 2023 at 10:00 am
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
Unplug from your daily routines, breathe the fresh air, feel the earth beneath your feet and rediscover the wonder of being in nature.
Winter is a special time at Alnoba, when snow dusts the branches of our evergreens and the land rests before the wild outburst of spring. On this guided tour, you’ll have the opportunity to experience New England’s most unique introspective property at this special time of year.
Spot turkey, deer, and hare tracks in the snow. Gather inspiration from the reading stones scattered along or ten miles of trails, engraved with the words of some of history’s greatest leaders. Breathe the crisp, fresh air and soak up the peace and stillness as you remember how revitalizing it can be to enjoy the outdoors in the winter.
This Outdoor & Unplugged guided walk will take place on foot with an option for guests to use snowshoes if there is snow cover on the ground. You may bring your own snowshoes or may also borrow a pair from Alnoba’s collection (Note that availability of snowshoes may be limited and in adult sizes only.)
Notes and Guidelines
- Walk starts at 10AM promptly. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Wear appropriate footwear and dress for the weather.
- The walk will last roughly 90 minutes. Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with breaks, for that length of time.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
- This is a walking tour only – no bicycles.
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.