Outdoor & Unplugged: A Walk in the Woods
September 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$15
Feel the crunch of the leaves under your boots. Watch for wild turkeys or skip stones in the Reflection Pond. Play hide-and-go-seek in Patrick Dougherty’s dreamlike Wildwood or run around the bright red folds of Orly Genger’s Going, Going, Gone.
At Alnoba, we believe in the power of the outdoors to refresh, restore and inspire us all. Our Outdoor & Unplugged events are a perfect way for both children and adults to explore all that Alnoba has to offer.
Unplug from your daily routines, breathe the fresh air, feel the earth beneath your feet and rediscover the wonder of being in nature. Our well-informed volunteer guides will lead you across Alnoba’s 400 acres of walking trails, forests, fields and wetlands. You’ll hunt for acorns, chase butterflies in the fields, and get up close to our eclectic international art collection.
Come experience Alnoba’s extraordinary home for yourself.
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Walk starts at 10AM promptly. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Wear appropriate footwear and bring a bottle of water, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for the full two hours.
- Please maintain social distancing – that means staying at least six feet apart from other guests.
Masks are recommended but not required for this all-outdoor event as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No children under 6 at this time.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine.