Outdoor & Unplugged: A Walk in the Woods
May 6, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$15
At Alnoba, we believe in the power of the outdoors to refresh, restore and inspire us all. These events are designed for both children and adults to unplug from your daily routines, breath the fresh air, feel the earth beneath your feet and rediscover the wonder of being in nature.
Alnoba’s 400 acre property has 10 miles of walking trails through forests, fields and wetlands, up hills and over dales. Dance with the butterflies, skip some stones, or just stretch your legs.
And yes, art lovers – you’ll also get a chance to see many of the pieces in Alnoba’s eclectic collection of outdoor sculptures by internationally renowned artists while on your walk.
These guided events are different every week. We have a wonderful set of experienced volunteers who each bring their own knowledge and passion to their routes across Alnoba’s landscape. You might learn to identify trees by their bark, or about the birds that inhabit our landscape, or the history of the artists whose work adorns our trails.
Tickets $15 per person. All proceeds are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Walk starts at 10AM promptly. Please make sure you are in the parking lot before then. Guide will meet you there.
- Guests must stay with the guide at all times.
- Wear appropriate footwear and bring a bottle of water, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Be prepared to walk at an easy pace, with some breaks, for the full two hours.
- Please maintain social distancing – that means staying at least six feet apart from other guests.
- Masks are recommended but not required for this all-outdoor event as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Alnoba’s buildings are closed. Walkers may use the portable restroom in our parking lot.
- No children under 6 at this time.
- No dogs are permitted on the property.
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine.