- This event has passed.
Outdoor Morning Meditation with Manny Muros
August 4 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am$15
Join Alnoba Peace Foundation founder Manny Muros for this rejuvenating outdoor morning meditation.
Manny will lead you on a walk through Alnoba’s peaceful forests, past pieces from our eclectic international collection of outdoor art, which includes sculptures by Orly Genger and Jaume Plensa.
On the lawn in front of Alnoba, surrounded by whispering trees and world-class art, Manny will guide you in both opened and closed-eye meditation. You will enter a state of deep listening, surrendering your inner dialogue to the peace and harmony of the natural world. With practice you’ll learn to immerse yourself in the beauty inherent in each moment, finding in that a source of strength and a spark for inner transformation.
NOTES AND GUIDELINES:
- Meet Manny in the Main parking lot promtly at 8:30 AM. The class will depart the parking lot at this time – those who are late will need to exit the property.
- Bring a yoga mat or a thick blanket to sit on as the ground may still be slightly damp from the morning dew.
- Bring bug spray and wear footwear appropriate for forested trails.
- Guests are asked to practice social distancing on the trails and when sitting for meditation.
- Portable restrooms are available in the parking lot.
- This class is rain or shine. If it rains, we will walk through the forest to one of Alnoba’s cabins and the meditation will take place inside.
- Mask use is optional while outside, but please bring one with you to the class in case an indoor space has to be used.
ABOUT THE ALNOBA PEACE FOUNDATION
A WORLD IN NEED OF HEALING
From climate change to the impact of technology on our minds and the economy, our world is in crisis. A winner-take-all society isolates us from each other and from the earth that sustains us. Our communities are broken, consumption and waste run rampant, and we are severed from the healing power of the natural world.
Both we and the world need a change. Start that change on the inside. You can overcome the harmful and destructive patterns imposed on you by this broken world we’re living in, opening to a more natural and authentic way of engaging with yourself and our planet.
THE POWER TO CHANGE
There are both ancient and pioneering tools you can use to rewrite your patterns, breaking free of the old way of thinking and being as you tap into something stronger: a way of living that connects us harmoniously to both each other and the earth we share.
Manny Muros has spent decades studying, practicing and sharing the spiritual techniques that lead to greater self-awareness and self-realization. His wisdom teachings are insights gained through a lifetime of deep practice and exploration. Through meditation and affirmative practices, he teaches students how to center, deconstruct old patterns and recover a truer way of being.
The sacred land of Alnoba, with its pristine fields and forests and inspiring collection of outdoor art, serves as a potent space for undertaking this journey of transformation.
BE THE DIFFERENCE
To use the ancient words of wisdom: as it is above, so it is below. The world we cultivate inside ourselves makes a real impact on the one that surrounds us. By changing one, we impact the other.
Step forward into your own change, breaking free of a paradigm that destroys both our well-being and that of our planet. Discover a healthier, more authentic alternative that empowers you to be the change you seek.