Art Tours: Andy Goldsworthy
September 24 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$25
A special opportunity to experience three outdoor sculptures by world-renowned artist Andy Goldsworthy – including two that are rarely seen.
Andy Goldsworthy is a sculptor, photographer and environmentalist who produces site-specific sculptures and land art in natural and urban settings. The materials used in Andy Goldsworthy’s art includes mud, pinecones, snow, stone, leaves, twigs and water.
On this tour, you’ll explore three Goldsworthy pieces – including one that is part of a private collection and rarely available for public viewing.
- Watershed Boulder, a monumental installation that evolves with the rain, ice and snow
- Boulder House, constructed in-situ around an enormous glacial boulder
- Passage, a powerful and experiential piece featured in the Andy Goldsworthy documentary Leaning Into The Wind
All proceeds from this event are donated to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park, a 35-acre public community park that provides a safe and beautiful place for families from across the region to gather outside.
GUIDED TOUR DETAILS
- Difficulty Level: High involving roughly 2 mile walk up and down hills and along narrow trails over uneven ground.
- Recommended for ages 10 and up.
- Meet your tour guide in the Alnoba parking lot at the tour start time. Tours leave promptly – please arrive in plenty of time. Guests who arrive after the tour has departed will be asked to leave the property.
- No dogs allowed.
- Buildings are closed. A portable restroom is available in the parking lot.
- Hiking shoes and casual attire recommended. Bring bug spray and sunscreen.
Cancellations: Alnoba’s art is as lovely in a light rain as it is on a sunny day. Our art tours are not cancelled unless thunderstorms or heavy rain are predicted. If a tour is cancelled, guests will be offered either a refund or an opportunity to move their reservation to another date.
Price: $25 advance purchase. Tickets are nonrefundable.