Andy Goldsworthy Art Tours
April 9 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
One event on March 5, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on April 9, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on May 7, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on July 9, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on July 23, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on August 6, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on September 17, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on October 22, 2024 at 10:30 am
One event on November 12, 2024 at 10:30 am
All proceeds donated to Sawyer Park.
About this event
Walks lasts roughly 3 hours on wooded trails over some uneven terrain.
Andy Goldsworthy is a sculptor, photographer and environmentalist who produces site-specific sculptures and land art in natural and urban settings. The materials used in Andy Goldsworthy’s art includes mud, pinecones, snow, stone, leaves, twigs and water.
On this tour, a docent will take you on an exploration of three Goldsworthy pieces – inlcuding two pieces that are special to this tour.
- Watershed Boulder, a monumental installation that evolves with the rain, ice and snow
- Boulder House, constructed in-situ around an enormous glacial boulder
- RECENTLY ADDED: Five Ten, an impactful native stone building built around a recently discovered rustic and timeless car that tells a story through unique features in its wheel, and bullet holes throughout the chassis.
Guided tour details
- Difficulty Level: Involving roughly 2 mile walk up and down hills and along narrow trails over uneven ground.
- Recommended for ages 10 and up.
- Meet your tour guide in the Alnoba parking lot at the tour start time. Tours leave promptly – please arrive in plenty of time. Guests who arrive after the group has departed will not be able to join the tour.
- No dogs allowed.
- Buildings are closed. A portable restroom is available in the parking lot.
- Hiking shoes and casual attire recommended. Bring bug spray and sunscreen.
Private tours of our Andy Goldsworthy pieces are also available for $200 for up to 10 people. To book, call Sandra Fogwell at 603.418.7411 or email email@example.com
Refund and weather policy
Tickets are non-refundable. Please note that all events at Alnoba are rain or shine. If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather you will receive an email notification. If you do not get an email notifying you that the event is cancelled, that means the event is still going forward as scheduled.
Your ticket purchase supports getting kids outside
All proceeds from these events go to support Kensington’s Sawyer Park. This public park is 30+ acres of safe, beautifully-maintained space where families from across the Seacoast gather to meet, play and enjoy the outdoors. All proceeds from this event are donated and ticket sales are therefore nonrefundable.
Stay up-to-date on our leadership development offerings and news!