- This event has passed.
Alnoba Art Tours
July 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$15
About the Collection
During your self-guided tour you will get to experience the art up close and hear stories behind the artists and works. Touch it, climb on it, lean on it. We want Alnoba to be a place for everyone to approach art, be outdoors and enjoy mother nature’s beauty and majesty.
Our collection is international and eclectic. It includes masterworks by Andy Goldsworthy, Orly Genger, Jaume Plensa, John Lopez, Allan Houser and Ursula von Rydingsvard. Some pieces come from our travels, others from chance encounters with the artist and some we sought out after reading their story. We chose each piece because it makes us feel something… joy, sadness, discomfort or calm. Many represent themes of social justice and sustainability. We believe we each experience art in our own way and hope that the collection at Alnoba opens art up to more people of all ages to feel it for themselves!
Self-Guided Tour Details
- You will be assigned a time for your group to arrive. (Times are emailed two days before the event.) Please arrive promptly to facilitate social distancing from other groups.
- Check in at the table by the garage near Alnoba’s parking lot. You will be given a complimentary Alnoba art book and a map of our art walk.
- You will have two hours to complete your tour of the collection.
- As groups are being spaced out at timed intervals, mask use is optional after check-in.
- Please remain six feet away from anyone not in your household as you progress through the tour. It’s OK to step off the path to make room.
- No dogs permitted on the property.
*Due to its location, the guided tour will not include Andy Goldsworthy, “Boulder House”.
The tour takes place outdoors, sometimes on uneven terrain, with a roughly 2 mile walk. Hiking shoes and casual attire recommended. Bring bug spray or sunscreen.
Price: $15 advance purchase is donated to support Sawyer Park.
Please note these tours are “rain or shine”. Alnoba’s art is also very fun to explore in boots and a raincoat!