Alnoba Art Tours
August 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on May 20, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on May 28, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on July 9, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on July 30, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on August 13, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on August 20, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on August 28, 2020 at 10:00 am
The art collection at Alnoba is international and eclectic. We are delighted to share it with our friends and neighbors.
About the Collection
During your tour you will get to experience the art up close and hear stories behind the artists and works. Touch it, climb on it, lean on it. We want Alnoba to be a place for everyone to approach art, be outdoors and enjoy mother nature’s beauty and majesty.
Our collection is international and eclectic. It includes masterworks by Andy Goldsworthy, Orly Genger, Jaume Plensa, John Lopez, Allan Houser and Ursula von Rydingsvard. Some pieces come from our travels, others from chance encounters with the artist and some we sought out after reading their story. We chose each piece because it makes us feel something… joy, sadness, discomfort or calm. Many represent themes of social justice and sustainability. We believe we each experience art in our own way and hope that the collection at Alnoba opens art up to more people of all ages to feel it for themselves!
Guided Tour Details
May 20th, 28th and June 11th Art Tours will be self-guided
To keep our visitors safe while creating opportunities to enjoy Alnoba’s art collection, we have temporarily switched our art tours to a self-guided format.
- After you register, you will be emailed a time slot for your self-guided tour. Time slots are spaced out at 10 minute intervals.
- Check in at the desk by the parking lot when you arrive. You’ll be given a map with the tour route and a full-color book with pictures and descriptions of the artwork.
- You have two hours to complete the tour.
- You must stay on the marked route. The Alnoba property abuts private land, sometimes without signs or gates. If you leave the route marked on your map, you may be trespassing.
- Please practice social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from anyone who did not come in the same car as you.
*Due to its location, the guided tour will not include Andy Goldsworthy, “Boulder House”.The tour takes place outdoors, sometimes on uneven terrain, with a roughly 2 mile walk. Hiking shoes and casual attire recommended. Bring bug spray or sunscreen. No dogs permitted on the property.
Price: $15 advance purchase
Please note these tours are “rain or shine”. Alnoba’s art is also very fun to explore in boots and a raincoat!